First "In the Garden" 2014

Peering at the garden through the bright sunshine, I am feeling hopeful.  The strawberries, blueberries and raspberries are flourishing.  The peas, broccoli, lettuce, spinach as well as both red and golden beets planted last month are holding fast and growing well.  I am so relieved.

After last year's soil purchase disaster, my plants seems to be content with the cover crop I turned under, the loads of worms I added and the regular infusions of rabbit droppings (which has been called manna for the garden).    


Yesterday, I worked on trellises.  Knowing how quickly my raspberries and peas will grow tall, they'll have a little support for their efforts.  Note to self for next year: build the pea supports first, then plant (there could be a bit more symmetry that way.)




I'm following along with Amanda Soule's In the Garden posts.  Please leave links and pictures of your garden too!

No comments:

Post a Comment